Pumpkin Hat. Knitting Halloween pattern.
- 50 grams of orange acrylic yarn (300 m per 100 grams) Weight: Fine (2) [USA]Yardage: 140 - 160 metre
- 10 grams of black acrylic yarn (300 m per 100 grams) Weight: Fine (2) [USA]
- 10 grams of green acrylic yarn (300 m per 100 grams) Weight: Fine (2) [USA]
- mm = 3.0 | us = 2 1/2 | uk = 11
- 18 stitches and 30 rows in 10 stitches
- Length of head circumference 52-54 cm
- 4 years;
- 5 years;
- 6 years;
- 7 years;
- 8 years;
- 9 years;
- 10 years;
- 11 years;
- 12 years;
One of the most favorite holidays of children and adults – Halloween – is coming soon. Just a little time is left for preparing for it. I’ve got an idea of a funny hand-knitted hat. It can be a part of your holiday costume. Or it will become a nice present for children and friends.
A pumpkin hat is hand-knitted circle-wise. A smile, a nose and eyes are embroidered on the ready-made hat. But if you don’t like to, can’t or just don’t want to embroider, then you can knit everything like in Jacquard technique, drawing loose threads on the back side.
Cast on 96 stitches.
Rows 1-55: knit according to the chart from row 1 through row 55 with orange yarn.
Starting from row 56, knit with green yarn.
Rows 56-58: knit all the stitches
Rows 59-62: knit 2 together, repeat up to the end of the row
Rows 63-73: knit the remaining 6 stitches circle-wise knitwise.
Embroider a smile, a nose and eyes with a black thread.